YWCA Northcentral PA’s Wise Options Program has offered Lycoming County and surrounding communities comprehensive crisis and counseling services to victims of violence, including a crisis hotline, emergency shelter, individual and group counseling and medical and court accompaniments since 1977. Services are available to victims of all ages and genders. All services are free and confidential.
A staggering one in three women and one in four men have been victims of physical violence by an intimate partner in their lifetime and nearly one in five women and one in seventy-one men have reported experiencing rape at some time in their lives.
2021 Fatality Report PCADV
If you are a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, or another violent crime, call the
YWCA’s 24-hour crisis hotline: 1-800-326-8483
Click here to learn more about our Survivor Services
What is Domestic Violence?
- Physical abuse: throwing objects, hitting, using weapons, etc.
- Verbal or emotional abuse: criticism, name-calling, withholding affection, etc.
- Sexual abuse: rape, unwanted touching or sexual practices, incest, child molestation, etc.
- Economic abuse: withholding or lying about assets, preventing access to employment, etc.
- Psychological: intimidation, threatening, harassment, isolation from friends, etc.
What is Sexual Assault?
- One of the most dramatically underreported crimes in the United States with two-thirds of attacks not reported
- Crime of power and control; anyone can be a victim of sexual assault no matter age, gender, ethnicity, or economic class
- Forcing sexual contact through physical or psychological means
- Tricking or coercing one to expose body parts
- Presenting pornographic materials to minors
- Fondling, rape, incest
- Child sexual molestation
- Sexual harassment
What is Human Trafficking?
- Modern-day slavery industry that generates more than $32 billion a year
- Traffickers use force, fraud, and coercion to control victims and use them for labor or servitude
- Occurs in restaurants, hotels/motels, farms, factories, homes, strip clubs, brothels, etc.
- Victims can be from other countries (international victims) or from the United States (domestic victims)
- Forms of human trafficking include: labor trafficking, organ trafficking, and/or sex trafficking
What are the YWCA Northcentral PA’s Prevention & Education Services?
- Free, age-appropriate workshops are provided to schools, youth groups, colleges, community groups, medical offices, and professional organizations and businesses.
- A variety of topics are offered – Click HERE for more!
For more information on our Prevention & Education Services, please contact Jennifer Swanson, Prevention Educator, at (570) 322-46 37 ext. 112 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Wise Options is devoted to empowering victims and survivors impacted by domestic violence, sexual assault, and other violent crimes; redefining the rights of the oppressed; educating communities; and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
Upholding Reproductive & Sexual Health Options for Victims & Survivors of Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault – Click to Read!
Wise Options is a proud Program Partner of the Lycoming County United Way.
Donate today to ensure the safety and security provided by Wise Options remain constant.
Become a Direct Service Volunteer, trained to provide support to clients served through the YWCA's Wise Options program.