Volunteer with the YWCA!
Start where you are.
Use what you have.
Do what you can.
The YWCA Northcentral PA welcomes and invites you to explore ways to share your time and talent within our organization and programs. We appreciate and value your interest in supporting those we serve, and we look forward to developing relationships with individuals, businesses, and organizations to both educate and engage in our mission and service opportunities.
Our national mission to eliminate racism and empower women while promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all locally translates to providing our community with resources that foster transformation and stability. We are dedicated to creating possibilities for safety, growth, and empowerment for individuals and families in our area, and we welcome you as a partner in our work. Among our violence intervention and prevention services, housing and homelessness services, purchases with purpose, and special events, every effort put forth are to ensure our life-saving and critical services continue.
There are many different volunteer opportunities within the organization including:
- Direct Service Volunteer – YWCA Northcentral PA direct service volunteers provide support to those we serve in our Wise Options and Liberty House programs. After the conclusion of an 80-hour, in-depth training, direct service volunteers will provide advocacy and supportive services to victims of violence, 24/7 crisis hotline coverage, on-call shelter support, increase community awareness, and even have the opportunity to offer education to local community groups.
- Direct Services Volunteer Application
- Email completed form to Heather Reeder, YWCA Northcentral PA Supportive Services Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boutique Volunteer – YWCA Northcentral PA’s Boutique volunteers provide retail support in various capacities. Volunteer assignments range from customer service to seasonal changeover. Volunteers can begin as young as 12 years of age (as long as they volunteer with a parent or guardian).
- Boutique Volunteer Application
- Email completed form to Kahlie DeHotman, YWCA Northcentral PA Boutique Manager at email@example.com
- Board of Directors – YWCA Northcentral PA board members determine YWCA policies, procedures, and regulations, raise funds to finance the YWCA and its programs, and monitor organizational performance. Board leaders are also ambassadors for the YWCA and attend YWCA events, community functions, and more. For more information on open board positions, please email Dawn Linn, YWCA Northcentral PA CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always seeking assistance with administrative tasks, help with our special events, management of our donation closets, as well as always welcome group volunteer opportunities. For more on how you can help, please email Brittany Fischer, YWCA Northcentral PA Communications & Development Director at email@example.com